Treatment is targeted to get you out of pain as quickly as possible while simultaneously restoring optimal function to your muscles, bones, and joints.
What is manual medicine?
- Gentle, safe, and effective hands-on care to diagnose, treat, and prevent musculoskeletal pain or injury.
What conditions is this effective for?
- This approach is effective for problems or pain of the spine, shoulders, knees, hands, feet, and other parts of the body.
What does treatment consist of?
- Treatment consists of movement of muscles, joints, and fascial tissue including gentle pressure, stretching, and resistance. Treatment may also incorporate rehabilitative and performance enhancing exercise prescription.
How will the Doctor manage your care?
- Treatment begins with a complete medical history and targeted neurological and orthopedic assessment that emphasizes the complete structural and functional evaluation of the musculoskeletal system.
- The Doctor will reexamine and assess you during each visit to see if there is appropriate progress and to set objective parameters, as well as realistic time-based goals for your treatment.
What are the goals of manual medicine treatment?
- Relief of pain and dysfunction: by restoring function to various biological systems in the body, pain can be reduced and may be completely alleviated
- Promote joint integrity and longevity– ensures you can move with ease for many years in effort to prevent joint degeneration
- Restore balance to entire body– balancing and restoring optimal function of muscles, joints, fascial tissue, lymphatic flow, and nerve conduction